Dolly Daily is a blog, shopping, community, and reviews website dedicated to fashion doll collecting. We specialize in everything from vintage Barbie doll to the avant-garde Sybarites and everything in between like Tonner, Barbie, Fashion Royalty, Momoko, Blythe and more. We invite you to spend some time checking out the various pages. If you like what you see, then you should become a member of the DollyDaily Community.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Try the crow, it's delicious!

A long time ago I said it would never happen. I tried Gene, for 5 years!, and then gave it all up. She was just too big for me. So, I decided against getting into any other 16" dolls. I stayed with the 1/6th scale 12" dolls like Barbie and Fashion Royalty. All the while I kept seeing these gorgeous shots of the Sybarites dolls. I resisted and resisted. Well, you all know the story from there. I'm now a full-fledged, card-carrying, Sybarite enthusiast -- and I'm proud of it!!!

I think what really fascinates me about these dolls are their wardrobe. Wow, is all I can say. So much more can be done in this slightly larger scale to the 12" dolls. By that, I mean, the execution of design is just better and more accurate. Things that might look bulky on a smaller doll come out so real for the Sybarites.



I took this pic of these heels and named the pic Disco3000. Look at the tiny narrow stiletto of the black heels and the groovy yellow mesh. How about the gorgeous clear straps on the gold heels and the wonderful ankle detail. Not to mention how the hose fit on these girls. Not a bulky gathering in sight. Those red hose look painted on.

The most exciting part of all is that these aren't even the best examples of what is possible from the SuperGuys.

Check them out at Superfrock.com.
Check out the Sybarites discussion at the DollyDaily Community.

No comments: