Dolly Daily is a blog, shopping, community, and reviews website dedicated to fashion doll collecting. We specialize in everything from vintage Barbie doll to the avant-garde Sybarites and everything in between like Tonner, Barbie, Fashion Royalty, Momoko, Blythe and more. We invite you to spend some time checking out the various pages. If you like what you see, then you should become a member of the DollyDaily Community.

Monday, June 15, 2009

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words.......

If you're like me, my doll collection has ebbed and flowed depending on my personal tastes at the moment.

At one point I had over 350 Silkstones! I still have all my Mackies, but if you display your dolls and decide to sell them later, do you have all the pieces?!?

I see this type of question posted all the time, i.e. "which shoes went with ****** doll?" And in the line of Superdoll and the sYbarites, an even more common question is, "Do you remember which stand went with ****?" And if you like to mix and match with the fabulous outfits and shoe packs available, it can get quite confusing to remember.

So take a picture! Each and every time you receive a new doll or outfit, take a picture of it in box. It's so easy to do and will save you countless headaches later. And I don't mean a picture like this!



LOL!

There's no way I could remember which pump went with a particular Mackie. Oh, and there are some Innoquii (tm) poking out of there as well. ;)

So instead I've started to take a quick pic, even from a camera phone, print it a copy for quick reference (or make sure to back up from your computer in case, EEEK!, your hard drive goes down) and you'll be sure to have a photo record of the original item. I've even started to paste a small picture on the back of an index card and list the items included in the original packaging.

This is especially important in case you decide to sell an item. Many buyers want to purchase "mint" dolls and without the correct pieces, it can cause a lot of problems.

No comments: